General liability insurance (or business liability insurance) is coverage that protects you from a variety of claims including bodily injury, property damage, personal injury, and other circumstances that can arise from your day-to-day business operations: it is the foundation of a strong insurance defense. At Atchley & Associates, we understand how this important protection can help you avoid the costs associated with things going wrong. And we're experts at finding the right coverage for your business.
Don’t underestimate your risk
Getting the right independent contractors liability insurance in place can protect you from lawsuits, mishaps and third party property damage that can devastate your business. Our team is equipped with the knowledge, technology, and experience to help you navigate and create a policy specific to you. Request a quote or call today.
Normally, you will need a few different categories of coverage for complete liability protection:
- General liability: The foundation of all contractor insurance coverage is a general liability policy. This coverage will provide two types of protection:
- Bodily injury: Provides coverage if you or someone you employ causes injury or death to a third party during the course of work. It provides for medical care for the injured person and covers your legal defense if you are sued for damages.
- Property damage: Provides coverage if you or one of your employees causes damage to property belonging to others. This includes the building or property you are working on or any third-party property.
- Completed operations/product: Provides coverage in case a project you finished has an issue or causes damage. It can also extend to any products you sell or distribute.
- Advertising personal injury: Covers the risk of damaging another’s reputation or causing a loss through slander, libel or false advertising claims.
- Contract liability: This covers you in a contract dispute. It is not always included in general liability coverage so verify that you carry this coverage with your insurer.
The specific independent contractors liability insurance coverage you need will be unique to your business. We understand what protections you will need most and we will work tirelessly so that you don’t have critical gaps in coverage that could leave you exposed to expensive legal claims.
Contractor General Liability: Protection for Your Construction Business
One of the biggest risks in the construction industry is third-party injuries, and some of the most costly claims you could face as a construction professional come from construction defect claims and lawsuits for property damage, medical bills, or accidents. General liability is designed to protect construction professionals against third-party claims and lawsuits, including:
- Bodily Injury Claims
- Medical Expenses
- Completed Product Claims
- Property Damage Claims
- Personal and Advertising Injury Claims
General liability insurance gives you the peace-of-mind that your business assets are protected. With our personally-crafted policies, you won’t have to worry about your construction business assets being depleted by medical bills, court costs, settlements, or judgements should a third-party alleges property damage, injury, or bodily harm,
In the high-risk construction industry, safety and protection are part of the job. General liability insurance is one way you can protect your business and keep your assets where you want them. You work hard to build your business; we work hard to help you protect it. At Atchley & Associates, we care.